The ‘Insieme Dopo-la-scuola: aiutare per integrare!’ (Together after school: helping to integrate!) project is a training and integration initiative involving the oratories of the parish churches of S. Maria Assunta in Pianoro and Santi Pietro e Girolamo in Rastignano.
The Amici di Tamara e Davide association, entrusted with the operation of the project, accompanies and supports the parishes in the day-to-day management of initiatives and educational services for minors and young people.
Oratories are a welcoming place, without economic, social and religious distinctions, offering young people support and help to curb the risk of dropping out of school.
The project involves a training and integration process carried out in the parish oratories of Bologna, aimed at students of lower and upper secondary schools in Pianoro and Rastignano.
The volunteer teachers already working in the facilities will be joined by 13 regularly paid university students whose main goal is to provide study support and a sharing space that can accommodate the children, particularly in the afternoons when their parents are absent.
The initiative supported by Fondazione Marchesini ACT aims to help young people rediscover the pedagogical role of village parishes and to provide study support and a sharing space for young people.
“I notice a huge void in our society, with our young people experiencing a paradoxical combination: they are in constant virtual contact with their peers via social media, yet are suffering from concrete loneliness,” comments Valentina Marchesini, chairman of Fondazione Marchesini ACT and HR director of Marchesini Group.
Some of the project’s aims and goals include:
- fostering children’s growth, self-esteem and awareness of themselves and their abilities;
- enhancing children’s individual and group responsibility;
- improving their ability to plan their future;
- stimulating educational improvement, enabling people to perceive its personal usefulness, its taste, and its importance in terms of aiding the development of one’s sense of self and conscience;
- promoting socialisation and inclusion in positive peer contexts;
- constantly monitoring the needs expressed by the children involved.
For all these reasons, Fondazione Marchesini ACT decided to contribute to this project.